It’s February. And although we have had quite a mixed bag of weather in Nova Scotia, FOR SURE there is still stormy weather coming our way at some point. We may even be snowed in.
Here’s a list of 20 activities to keep yourself from going stir crazy, and quite a few you can do with no power as well.
- Take an online course. There are tons of free or low cost courses in every imaginable topic.
- Do a jigsaw puzzle or a craft such as a seasonal wreath
- Write your birthday and special day cards for the WHOLE year. And then address them,maybe even stamp them.You’ll thank me later.
- Start a recipe book of family favorites to pass along to your kids. I did this for my boys for Christmas, worked at it a little at a time and got it printed off as a coil booklet at Staples.
- Organize your bookshelf and prepare to donate or giveaway what you don’t love. If you can.
- Take a few hours for a retreat day- soak in a sudsy tub, retreat to a quiet spot with candles, journal, your favorite pen, quiet music
- Create a Vision Board for the coming year.
- Work on your family tree
- Hem those bloody pants
- Bake brownies.Only chocolate 🙂
- Plant some herbs.
- Bake a pot of beans from scratch
- Watch endless junk TV-you’re allowed.
- Start that blog you’ve been thinking about
- Reread a favorite novel
- Play games like Monopoly
- Toast weiners in the fireplace
- Make a snowman
- Clean out a closet
- Take a looonnng nap
What are your go to activities for storm days? Comment below!