I love fall-it’s my favorite season-no bugs, no mugginess. And there is still so much to do and enjoy!
So, without further ado, let me offer you a smorgasbord of delightful ideas that will satisfy your craving for adventure.
Great Fall Adventures
- October 1st-7th Ocean Floor Tour Burntcoat Head.Take a tour along the the Bay of Fundy Floor at low tide. Book 24 hrs in advance. Limited spaces available $15 pp
- October 5th-7th Kejimkujik Thanksgiving Weekend .If you haven’t visited Keji on Thanksgiving weekend, you are missing out! Campers decorate their sites for Halloween and Park staff have more than a few surprises up there sleeves, such as the Haunted Jaunt. Pumpkin Carving Contest and more. Park passes-$4.90 – $5.80.Free admission for youth 17 and under.Please note: Camping at Keji is VERY popular during long weekends and may be already sold out for Thanksgiving weekend
- October 7 5th Annual Pumpkin Walk, Kentville Over 400 decorated pumpkins will line the perimeter of Miner’s Marsh.Admission is a monetary or non perishable food donation.For safety’s sake (yours and the dogs) please leave your pooch at home.It’s dark, it’s very crowded and not a good time will be had by pooch.
- October 13 Harvest Festival with The Streamliners 12 pm-5 pm Jost Vineyards 48 Vintage Lane, Malagash. Music,wine and food pairings.Admission is free
- October 19th Murder Mystery Evening @ the Historic Acadian Village of Nova Scotia 7 pm 91 Old Church Rd, West Pubnico $25 pp Please reserve ahead by calling 902-762-2530
- October 21,22 All day. The Old School Gallery Haunted House 7962 Highway 7, Musquodoboit Harbour
- October 19, 20, 26 and 27 Ghostly Gardens After Dark-Annapolis Royal Historic Gardens 6:30-8:30 pm. $7 regular, or $5 for children (12 & under) Stay after to enjoy the Candlelight Graveyard Tour @ Fort Anne -$10 Adult, $5 Youth 13-18), $3 Children (12 & under)
- October 24th Hunter’s Moon Rising at White Point Beach-gather at a seaside bonfire to hear Mi’Kmaq lore and legend. Add a Bed & Breakfast Package from $336 per 2 nights per couple.
- Oct 24 and 25th –Survive the Night 2@ the Yarmouth County Museum 22 Collins Street, Yarmouth 7-9 pm $6 pp May not be suitable for youngsters.